Director Product Marketing
My client is a global leader in advanced communication technologies and they have for many years been at the forefront of innovation within the field.
The role of the Director, Product Marketing is to provide customer-facing product marketing and roadmap development direction for emerging audio segments including soundbars, networked speakers and smart speakers.
You will work with the product management, development and engineering teams to ensure that customer needs are met, and to define innovative platforms
The key objectives of the role are to grow product revenue and market share in emerging audio segments that meets or beats Annual Operating Plan.
- Effective Marketing and Promotion of Audio platform solutions, demonstrated by meeting/beating revenue and market share targets for the relevant market segments
- Contribute to and execute marketing activities per the Voice, Music and Wearables
- Strategic Plan and regularly review and report progress
- Regularly review customer forecast and revenue projections against plan Develop and demonstrate the Company’s leadership and differentiation in the market with a targeted marketing plan
- Ensure the Company’s world-wide customer base is regularly visited and updated with the latest roadmap information.
- Identify and build strategic relationships with key customers.
- Work with the sales and customer support teams to identify, develop and secure design wins for the Company and review progress of design-wins from Prospect through to Production, holding regular reviews of opportunities with the relevant sales teams
- Ensure Sales and customer support teams are up-to-date with the latest platform and product information and are aligned on strategic and commercial goals
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of the relevant audio markets.
- Understand and interpret market requirements / trends and provide clear direction for the company.
- Continuously monitor and analyze competitor activities within the market and customers
- Identify and justify new platform, product and market opportunities to enhance the near-term and long-term competitiveness of the audio roadmap
- Extensive experience with technology in consumer audio entertainment products.
- Strong technical background.
- Engineering or Science Degree required
- Technical marketing experience gained in an application, product marketing or sales role within the semiconductor industry.
- Extensive customer facing experience
- Demonstrated track record of defining differentiated technical offerings and communicating them to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with customers and deliver targeted solutions
- Strong presentation skills.
- Effective and proven interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, confident and decisive personality
- Familiarity with audio product portfolio and / or customer base at a technical and commercial level
- Track record of growing revenue or market share in a marketing or sales role
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi technology strongly desired
- Knowledge of audio processing (eg. DSP, CODEC, amplifier) technologies strongly desired
- Marketing education (e.g. CIM or MBA) desirable but not essential
Location: London, UK or California, USA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org