Export Compliance Specialist
Our Client is looking for a candidate that possesses strong knowledge of US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security Export Administration Regulations and Antiboycott regulations and knowledge of Office of Foreign Asset Controls regulations, Wassenaar dual use regulations and EU Dual-Use Regulation 428/2009.
• The individual will lead support for ensuring export activities are managed on a daily basis for our Client’s operations, including clearing and approving any export holds.
• Support development and implementation of Munich and other international sites’ export compliance programs consistent with local and US export and reexport regulations.
• Candidate will partner collaboratively with applicable function personnel, including: Engineering, HR, Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain to ensure each department is aware of their specific responsibilities and have appropriate processes to ensure compliance with applicable export regulations.
• Perform assessments on these processes to ensure the effectiveness of the export compliance program.
• Manage export license applications and activities.
• Coordinate responses, resolutions and escalations resulting from inquiries from government agencies.
• Responsible for developing and delivering training to internal groups.
• Responsible for determining the appropriate export classifications for Company products, and technology throughout the product life cycle (PLC) in accordance with US, German and international export control laws.
• Identify export license requirements for employees, suppliers, partners, customers and end users.
• Interface with Engineering and Program Managers globally to understand technical characteristics of products and how they impact export classifications and export licensing.
• Conduct regulatory compliance reviews of Company products and technology and assist in preparing white papers.
• Prepare commodity classification requests (CCR) and export licenses and submit the applications through the US Snap-R, German BAFA and other applicable government systems.
• Conduct follow-up with German and other government agencies.
• Document export processes with engineering, product development and other teams.
• Conduct export compliance checks, including performing global audits and risk assessments of Company businesses, partners and suppliers.
• Assist with Company initiatives with changes including making any export proposals to US, German and other foreign export regulatory bodies.
3+ years of experience in the following areas required:
• Export Compliance
US export control regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), particularly Categories 3, 4 and 5 (Part I and II) of the CCL and OFAC knowledge.
Wassenaar Arrangement (particularly with the list of export controlled items) and other (German, EU, China and Singapore,) countries’ export regulations.
Working with R&D labs, engineering and product development teams.
Creating and providing training and presentations
Process development and project management experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Master’s Degree a plus.
Location: Munich, Germany
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org