Loyalty Business Development Manager
Our Client’s Product Innovation team creates differentiated new product concepts for its business units. Using deep consumer insights, the product innovation team exists to help the business units understand the European consumer and create products uniquely appealing to them
They inspire the world and shape the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. They are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
This key role will be responsible for driving the development and adoption of the services Loyalty offer with key merchant partners and loyalty scheme providers across Europe.
Working cooperatively with the Loyalty Product Development Team in HQ this role will incorporate European customer insights and align merchant partner strategies to deliver a compelling offer.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Merchant Business Development Manager in engaging with partners and achieving buy-in on the service VAS roadmap, especially with regard to Loyalty.
The main objective of the role will be to drive strategic partnerships with key merchants and partners on Loyalty in order to deliver a compelling VAS offer to users.
Key Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Develop the business development strategy for engaging with Loyalty service providers and key merchants, delivering against the existing target partners and also identifying new opportunities
- Utilize existing commercial relationships and teams to unlock opportunities and ensure the successful uptake of Loyalty within the service
- Own the relationships with target Loyalty scheme providers and key retail merchants with relevant in-house loyalty schemes to ensure they are engaged and supporting the development of the Loyalty offer
- Work with the cross-functional team to deliver the project in the individual European launch markets
- Synthesize local market insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and partner merchant business strategy into the service concepts and requirements to deliver a compelling Loyalty product offer
- Support new merchant partner on-boarding, serve as a liaison with key SMEs about technical integration. Communicate with HQ or local stakeholders where necessary to seek clarification on technical issues raised by partners.
- Work closely with Product Development in communications with the HQ Loyalty Product Development team.
Key Characteristics & Skills:
Essential Hard Skills Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A proven track record of contract delivery and partner management
- Experience in Loyalty either within a merchant/ retailer or a Loyalty service provider
- Proven experience in one or more UK market sector
- Good skills in Microsoft office packages
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong sales skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrable Experience of creating & executing a structured sales / business development strategy and plan
Essential Soft Skills:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Structured and organised business development skill set.
- Highly motivated and passionate about what they do.
- Ability to articulate clear unique value proposition in a very short space of time.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, solving problems
- Outgoing team player
Desirable Skills Required:
Desirable Hard skills
- Experienced Business Development background
- Technically & commercially competent in the sector
- A proven track record of direct customer facing sales and sales management
Desirable Soft skills
- Experience of working with different cultures
- Strong presentation skills at Board level
- Commercially astute negotiator
Location: London, UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com